Resilience is like a muscle that can be strengthened.
"Be flexible– bend, don’t break.
It begins with a deep belief that there is a way through,
that there is a “light” at the end of the tunnel, that the outcome may not be as you imagined but could possibly be even better".
I was featured in Thrive Global, interviewed about my thoughts about resilience and how we all can become more resilient. I hope you enjoy the article.
5 Steps to becoming more resilient.
Being resilient takes a certain mindset.
The mindset includes being willing to...
- Be flexible
- – bend, don’t break. It begins with a deep belief that there is a way through, that there is a “light” at the end of the tunnel, that the outcome may not be as you imagined but could possibly be even better.
- Be accountable
- – you must be able to look at challenges clearly without blaming anyone or any other circumstance. How you resolve a challenge is on you. No one else.
- Be accepting
- - Facing the reality of a situation, no matter how scary, allows you to find solutions quicker.
- Develop your self awareness
- – have a clear sense of your own potential, your strengths, weaknesses as well as your ability to withstand and to achieve.
- Cultivate a support system
– no matter how resilient you become, there will be moments of doubt or exhaustion. Your support system should be there to remind you of your attributes, provide guidance when needed and offer an ear when you need to vent or talk things through. Your support system should also encourage the best for you and of you.
TO READ THE ENTIRE THRIVE GLOBAL ARTICLE, click here-